Timing is everything in some destinations. For these 10 places, from the High Arctic to the beaches of Santa Monica, summer is the golden season. It’s when the ice recedes. Ocean bays glow with bioluminescence. Elusive wildlife emerges. The sun still shines at midnight. Sand warms your bare toes. And there’s absolutely nowhere else you’d rather be in this summer moment.
In the next ten blog posts we will highlight these 10 destinations. Featured posts will take you to breath taking trips to places that you only see in pictures. Plan your next ten world trips in the summer.
- Alaska: You can't go wrong visiting Alaska anytime between May 10 and September 15
- High Artic: Rapid changes in terrain are taking place in Canada's high Arctic polar deserts due to increases in summer air temperatures.
- Macchu Picchu: We think the best time to visit Machu Picchu is from April to October.
- England: This August marks the 300th anniversary of the birth of Lancelot "Capability" Brown, England’s famous son of garden design
- Africa: Africa South of the Sahara has four major climate regions. They are desert, semiarid, tropical, and equatorial.
- Outer Mongolia: Mongolia is a landlocked country in East Asia. Its area is roughly equivalent with the historical territory of Outer Mongolia.
- Vancouver Island: Summer 2019 in Northern Hemisphere began on Friday, 21 June and ends on Monday, 23 September. All dates are in Pacific Time.
- Santa Monica, Southern California: Southern California’s summer beach scene is iconic, and this year you can take it in without the usual traffic drama.
- Australia: Winter in Australia, June to August, falls during the dry season when temperatures are milder.
- Quebec: It’s festival season in Montreal! And no other city fills a summer calendar quite like this sophisticated Quebec socialite.